Thurmalox 245C Primer is a VOC compliant, high temperature, corrosion resistant primer formulated from silicone resins and zinc dust. Thurmalox 245C Primer provides outstanding corrosion protection for metal surfaces operating at temperatures from 500°F (260°C) to 1000°F (538°C), with peaks to 1200°F (648°C). Thurmalox 245C is the primer for Thurmalox 230C series heat resistant topcoats.
Thurmalox 245 is the primer for both Thurmalox 230 Series and Thurmalox 280 Aluminum heat resistant topcoats. These primer/topcoat systems have excellent intercoat adhesion and are able to withstand severe thermal shock throughout the entire temperature range.
- Stacks, breechings, boiler casings
- Manifolds, mufflers and exhausts
- Hot piping, process vessels, heat exchangers
- Refinery equipment - heaters, crackers
- Furnaces, ovens
- Air dries
- Withstands continuous temperature of 1000°F (538°C), with peaks to 1200°F (648°C)
- Prevents rusting and streaking of steel during shutdowns
- Easily topcoated with Thurmalox 230 Series and Thurmalox 280 Aluminum topcoats
- Excellent intercoat adhesion
- Protects against weathering and corrosion
- Prevents underfilm corrosion attack